1. Try reading a general encyclopedia article about your subject. See if a specific topic is of interest to you.
2. Make a list of key words about your topic.
3. Search database articles using those keywords. Read the articles to develop your topic. Keep a list of articles that you found useful.
4. Search ebooks and/or print books for additional information. Keep a list of books and specific pages that you found useful.
5. Create and outline of topics you wish to cover in your research paper.
6. Write the body of your paper. Do not forget to create pinpoint citations to specific quotes from consulted resources.
7. Write an Introduction, and a conclusion to your research.
8. Create a list/bibliography of sources you used.
1. From the Mountain View Library Home Page Select Search the Catalog
2. Type KEYWORDS only into the search box
2. The results screen displays resources from the Entire Dallas County Community College District.
3. You can limit your search to eBooks only by clicking on the eBook link under FORMAT in the column on the LEFT.
4. Note the type of ebook and consult the ebooks other than reference box on this page.
Microsoft Office Word, File NEW Student APA (or click new and search for APA)
Microsoft Office Word in a blank document, click the References Tab Style: APA Insert Citation.
BOOKS: Look for links in the Catalog for WeBridge Cite this item via WorldCat from the Menu scroll to APA Format Copy and paste the Citation. Be sure to recheck the citation and update the format to the most current edition of the APA Format.
DATABASE ARTICLES: Look for the Cite Tool usually on the right hand side of the screen. from the Menu scroll to APA Format Copy and paste the Citation. Be sure to recheck the citation and update the format to the most current edition of the APA Format.
© 2021 Dallas College