Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Literary Research Assignment
Accessing Library Resources
When accessing databases from home you will be asked for a user ID and password. Please follow the example below to gain access.
Student example: email@example.com and eConnect password.
This is the same login and password you use for accessing Blackboard. Logging into Blackboard and keeping the window open before accessing the library's databases will recognize that login as you have access to the resources.
- First log into Blackboard
- Go to the Dallas College Libraries
- Under Find click Articles, Journal (Databases)
- Select the database from the list you want to search
- You may get a DCCCD Libraries Login Page screen to select a login
- Select DCCCD Student/Staff/Faculty login
- Literary Reference Center
- Find author biographies, plot summaries and overviews, full-text essays, literary reference books and monographs, full text for literary magazines and journals, book reviews, poems, short stories, classic texts, author interviews, and much more.
- Academic Search Complete
- Find articles from newspapers, magazines, and scholarly journals on just about any subject. A good place to look when you’re not sure where to start.
- Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection
- Provides nearly 560 full text publications dating as far back as 1965. Covers topics such as emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry, mental processes, anthropology, and observational and experimental methods.
Click here for more Dallas College Databases.