Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Writing Process
- Prewrite: brainstorm and organize your ideas
- Draft: use your ideas to create a rough draft
- Revise: make changes to improve your ideas
- Edit: proofread and correct
- Publish: write and present your final copy
Writing Process Overview from OWL (Purdue)
Developmental Writing focuses on the writing process offering students the opportunity to strengthen their writing skills, grammar and critical thinking skills.
Developmental Writing classes prepare students for college level English classes.
This guide will provide resources to assist you with the writing process.
Navigate through the guide by clicking on the tabs at the top of the page.