Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
User Responsibilities Guidelines
To promote a positive learning environment, Mountain View College Library requests that all patrons abide by these guidelines. Disruptive or abusive behavior will not be tolerated and may result in Campus Police intervention. Willful damage to library materials or property or actions disturbing to other users may result in loss of library privileges. The library adheres to the DCCCD Student Code of Conduct and the Computer Use Policy as explained on the DCCCD website. Note: Minors are defined as anyone under the age of 18. Legal guardians are defined as any adult who is physically, legally, and financially responsible for the care of minor(s).
- Demonstrate respect for others. Keep noise and conversation to a minimum.
- Please silence cell phones before entering the library.
- Drinks in a closed container is acceptable; no other food or drink is allowed.
- Minors under the age of 18 not affiliated with Mountain View College must remain with a parent or legal guardian at all times while in the library and may not use computers or accompany their guardian into the library’s computer areas.
- Minors affiliated with Mountain View College may use the computers for educational and research purposes only. Library staff reserves the right to require proof of enrollment or current ID.
- Do not leave personal belongings unattended. The library cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen property.
- Solicitation, petitioning, or canvassing is not allowed.
- An official photo ID is required to use materials at the service desks or to check out materials such as a Mountain View College ID card, other DCCCD ID card, or a driver’s license. Materials must be returned in the same condition as when checked out. Damaged items may result in a replacement fine.
- No overt or explicit sexual behavior is allowed. This includes viewing sexual material online.
- Use of all tobacco products is only permitted outdoors in designated smoking areas.
- Failure to comply with these guidelines, or directions of library representatives acting in the performance of their duties, is a direct violation of the Student Code of Ethics and may result in removal from library facility. (DCCCD Student Code of Conduct).