Skip to main content
- Visit the library: the staff is ready to help you find reliable sources. They're happy to sit down and discuss your assignment with you.
- Come into the library and browse the stacks and magazines for inspiration.
- Browse the databases for topics and current events. If you already know your topic read what the current thought and historical prespectives are on the subject.
- Visit with your instructor to make sure you understand the assignment.
- Freewriting: write for about 10 minutes anything you know about the topic.
- Workout, meditate or take a walk to get the blood flowing.
- Construct a schedule; set realistic goals and timeframes.
- Divide the assignment into small tasks.
- Ask a friend(s) to critique your work.