Skip to main content
Additional Resources for T.R.A.A.P.
Check out this PowerPoint for more information on how the T.R.A.A.P. system works:
REMEMBER: If you add "site:edu" to your Google search, it will only search .edu sites. The same goes for "site:org" and "site:gov".
Education and government sites tend to be more authoritative than .coms, organization sites (.org) can be authoritative, but the student must evaluate them closely.
Evaluating Resources for Writing
- Is the information "dated" so you know how current it is?
- Corroborate from several sources. Does the information mesh with other sources that we know are reliable?
- Credibility is important! Is this from a responsible organization, peer-reviewed, edited...?
- Reliable, Truthful, & Correct
Purpose/Point of View
- Is the page biased or presenting a balanced viewpoint?
- Objective, balanced, avoid generalizations, acknowledge varying viewpoints if they exist.
Avoid the traps on the internet!