Honors in Action participants will:
- create awareness of the importance of seeking out multiple perspectives augment understanding and of a real-world, complex, interdisciplinary topic and improve decision making.
- demonstrate analytical and critical thinking skills to draw research conclusions.
- initiate real-world problem-solving by developing an in-depth, action-oriented solution to make a difference for a challenge related to the Honors Study Topic.
- plan and set goals for each step of the process that lead to informed action.
- foster leadership skills through intentional and purposeful leadership development efforts.
- develop capacities to lead, manage and motivate self and others; to overcome obstacles, to perform in complicated environments and to accomplish goals.
- collaborate and create effective teams to enhance impact, and
- cultivate reflective skills and aptitudes to assess progress, adjust to circumstances, and measure results quantitatively and qualitatively.
How the World Works: Global Perspectives: Honors Program Guide. MS: Phi Theta Kappa, 2016, 2017. Print.