- Be prepared!
- Take deep breaths
- Positive self-talk
- Stay calm
- Avoid thinking you need to cram just before the test
- Eat a healthy meal before the test
- Approach the exam with confidence
- Get a good night's sleep
- Read the directions carefully
- Budget your time
- If you go blank on a question, skip it and come back
- Relax periodically during the test: take deep breaths, tense
your muscles and hold 5 seconds then relax and repeat
- Think of a peaceful, quiet setting, imagine yourself calm
© 2018 Dallas County Community College District.